The RT Honourable Sir John Wheeler J.P. DL
Sir John is the joint author of "British and Colonial and Commonwealth Coins", a book which was published in 1986 and has over 40 years' experience of coin collecting. Sir John formed a world-class collection of East India Company and British India coins, which was sold at auction by AH Baldwin & Sons Ltd in 2000. He is a member of The British Numismatics Society. From 1993 until 1997, Sir John was the Deputy Secretary of State for the Northern Ireland Office, responsible as Finance Minister and Minister of State for Security and the Criminal Justice System. He has also been a Member of Parliament for the City of Westminster from 1979 until 1997. From 1987 until 1992, Sir John was the Chairman of the Home Affairs Select Committee. Since 1999, he has been a director of St. Johns Ambulance and from 1999 until 2002 he was a director of MWB Business Exchange Europe Limited.
Clem is an is an experienced numismatist and also the Managing Director and co-founder of ADVFN plc, the AIM listed online financial information group, which has successfully grown into one of the leading online financial portals in the UK. Clem has also been a director of publicly listed and private companies for more than 15 years and is able to bring a wealth of experience into the Advisory Panel. Clem is also a director of ALL IPO plc, On-line plc, Equity Holdings Limited, Cupid Bay Limited, Advessel Limited, Equity Development Limited and Throgmorton Street Capital Ltd. Clem is also an officer of InvestorsHub.com Inc.
Advisory Panel remit:
The Board's decisions on whether to acquire or dispose of an investment is made on the recommendation of its industry expert independent Advisory Panel that assesses and reviews all coin related trading activity.
When providing advice or recommendations to the Board of the Company the Advisory Panel will consider:
- the price of a potential investment in comparison with the general market value for a similar investment;
- whether or not it considers that there is a feasible potential route through which to sell the coin(s) within a reasonable time period;
- whether or not the coin(s) being purchased is from a reputable source;
- its opinion on the future value of the coin(s);
- the size of the investment in relation to the investment funds available to the Company; and
- the current content of the Company's coin portfolio.